Sunday, 27 June 2010

I'm home!

Thought I would let you all know that I'm home. I arrived on 23rd June and got home just in time to see the England game.
I had a lovely last week with my friends. We visited some places locally and just enjoyed being together.

The valley of a thousand hills

Phil, Rachel and Zach

Ballito

World Cup fever took over the country in a fun and inclusive way. Trees were decorated with south africa colours, South African flags and vuvuzelas abounded.

It was great to be there in the midst of it. My friends had tickets to alot of the Durban games and even though I didnt go myself I felt part of it as you could hear the cheering and Vuvuzelas coming from the stadium.

Zach in front of the Durban staduim on his way to watch Brazil play Portugal

The Vuvuzela's at the game

A few days before I left we went to the Fifa Fan Fest site at the beach and enjoyed watching portugal beat Korea 7-0 sat on the sand in front of the big screen. It was a lovely atmosphere on the beach front with activities for children, stalls selling food and people entertaining the public.



I flew out of South Africa with great hopes for Bafanna getting through to the next stage. The match was happening and Bafanna were winning 2-0 as I left, it was sad though to land in the U.k to discover they had gone out. It is nice but also a bit weird being home. I'm looking forward to seeing people though and catching up on all the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment