I'm in Durban, SA! Flew in last night at about 6pm. I was met by my friends Rachel and Phil and my Godson Zach. We then rushed home. I got dressed up and we headed out to a fundraising event which was being held at the Durban international conference centre. The event was a 4 course banquet and there were 4000 people there all sitting round small tables of 12. The Uganda Watoto choir came and there were various speeches about the project we were there for and others from politcians and sports stars. The event was to raise money for a watoto style village that they want to build near Durban for AIDS orphans. It was really fun.
I'm staying with my friends till Monday when I head to the project. Today we have chilled out, this afternoon we drove out into the countryside a bit and had afternoon tea outside as the sun went down.
Thursday, 8 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Afternoon tea as the sun went down? Bliss!
ReplyDelete