
My new role - Following further communication with SASA I now have a job title and role description. I am going to be their Children’s and Family Work Coordinator. The aim of my role is to build and develop relationships with local people, projects and churches involved in children’s and family focused activity. This involves celebrating, promoting and facilitating child and family focused integral mission activity amongst leaders so that children and families can fulfil their full potential to trust God, grow holistically and address all forms of poverty. My first few months will therefore involve visiting the many projects seeing, listening and celebrating what is happening and then seeking how God is calling us as Soul Action to best support this work.
Resignation - A few weeks ago I handed in my notice at work to finish at Christmas. It took a little while for me to press send on the relevant email but I eventually did and had a very positive response from the charity trustees
Mortgages and Rental - I have spent the last few weeks talking mortgage details with my lender. Thankfully they have offered me a consent to lease on my present mortgage (something they turned down this time last year). After a rather complex discussion we seem to have found a mortgage deal for which the payments are at a level which will cover not just the mortgage but also the insurance and letting agent fees too. This has been an amazing answer to prayer for which I am so thankful. My two housemates have also found nice new places to move to from Dec/Jan which is another real answer to prayer. I will have lived with one of them for over 6 yrs so it will be strange to go our separate ways. Please pray this process all goes through smoothly
Support - I have been so encouraged by the support I’ve received both in pledges of prayer and finance. While I still have a way to go to get all the support I need, it is great to know I already have a support team urging me forward. I have now got an account with ‘Stewardship’ for those who want to support me financially

Visa - The next big hurdle is getting my visa. I am in the process of gathering the things required for this such as a recent police check, medical report and x-ray (to prove I don't have TB!) I’m also looking into flights and booking my ticket. When I have all this done it will be a matter of filling in a form and taking it with photos and money to South Africa House to get it all processed and accepted. There are a couple of other requirements involving finance and these seem to fluctuate in their amounts. Prayer would be appreciated for this whole process.
MA - I have started writing my dissertation but am not as far along with it as I should be. It can be hard to stay focused on it when there are so many other things that also need doing. I need to get more focused and work hard over half term when I have 4 days pledged solely to writing.
Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith

Faith - ‘Faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains’ Matthew 17.
Over the last few months my ‘step of faith’ has turned from just talk into action. While it feels scary (a lot of the time!) and the steps have been wobbly ones it means I am seeing God do things that I had thought weren’t possible. I would appreciate your prayers that I wouldn’t doubt but continue to step out boldly, trusting in God’s goodness and faithfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment