
This is the new team Bex, Rachel and Val with Musa the centre's receptionist and after school teacher. I have got to know Musa well these last five weeks, we share an office and he has a great sense of humour - we've also had lots of interesting conversations following questions on things like snow, the planets and what words such as prowling mean! In return he has been helping me with my Zulu!

This is Musa with his after school class who are aged 11-14yrs. Today I have been with them teaching on self esteem with the help of the coach carted DVD and Musa translating. It was good fun!

Sunday was mother's day here. This is the Simunye children making their mother's day cards. This session was all the more poignant in that probably a third of the children no longer had mothers as they had lost them to HIV. Instead many cards were written to their go-go(or grandma) who now find themselves caring for these young children alone. Some of the cards we saw though had been made for mum's who were no longer there with messages like 'I miss you' inside. Certainly brings the reality of HIV to life.

This is me on the balcony of my new home as the sun was setting at 5 this evening - I feel very priviledged to be living in a home with such amazing views. I am realising more and more what a beautiful country South Africa is.
No comments:
Post a Comment